Effective January 22, 2017, USPS will be implementing rate changes for Mailing & Shipping services. The new rates represent approximately an overall 0.87% increase over the current prices.
While the price of First-Class Mail® Letters are going up from $0.47 to $0.49 per piece, the price of First-Class Metered Mail is actually decreasing from $0.465 to $0.46 per envelope. This is the second year in a row that Metered First-Class letter prices have seen a decrease, and represent a $0.03 (6%) saving over the retail rate. These lower costs can help small businesses reduce mailing costs significantly. Other changes include:
- Price changes to First-Class Mail® Flats and Parcels.
- Rate changes to various Shipping Services.
- Updated pricing for services such as Media Mail®, Library Mail, Certificate of Mailing and others.
- Standard Mail (commonly referred to as “Direct Mail”) will be rebranded as USPS Marketing Mail® to better align the product name with business owners’ use of the mail class.
- Changes to Presorted Mail prices.
- Elimination of Permit fees for various services.